Canucks for Kids Fund
GRANT APPLICATION POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The following financial donation request policy has been developed as a way to create consistency and fairness to organizations that seek support.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible to receive support from the Canucks for Kids Fund applicants must:
- Be a registered charitable organization with Revenue Canada and must be able to provide its nine-digit registration number (e.g. 880 975 065 RR0001) on applications for support.
- Use support provided by the CFKF exclusively to benefit children and youth living within British Columbia.
- Be able to provide a charitable tax receipt for the full amount of the donation.
- Demonstrate opportunity for a strong branded community partnership with the Canucks for Kids Fund
The Canucks for Kids Fund encourages proposals for project based programs delivered over a finite period of time. Continuing or renewable grants are not encouraged.
The deadline for applications was April 11, 2014. Thank you to all who submitted a request. To apply for a grant next season, please visit this page in August 2014
Our board will review the applicants in the spring and successful applicants will be notified in June, with payments issued in July.
If you wish to submit your application in writing, please mail it to:
Canucks for Kids Fund
Attn: Alex Mitchell
800 Griffiths Way
WHO IS NOT ELIGIBLE?
The CFKF does not support:
- Organizations that do not qualify as a registered charity.
- Programs delivered outside of the geographic boundaries of British Columbia.
- Religious organizations whose programs are limited to members of a specific religious denomination.
- Individuals or individual pursuits.
- Fraternal, veteran, labour, athletic or sectarian organizations serving a limited group.
- Political or lobby groups.
- Advocacy or special interest groups.
- Debt-reduction campaigns.
- Travel funds, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Videotape, film, or audio productions.
- Organizations that might in anyway pose a conflict with the goals, programs, products, or employees of Canucks Sports & Entertainment, the Vancouver Canucks Hockey Club, Rogers Arena and the Vancouver Canucks Alumni
- The CFKF will not provide grants to organizations soliciting requests on behalf of a third party. All requests must be received directly from the charity in need of the grant.