We hope you enjoy the Web Sites!
SERVICES AND CONTENT
ACCESS TO SERVICES
ACCESS BY CHILDREN
MEMBER PASSWORD AND SECURITY
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of anyone's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harm or attempt to harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a National Hockey League official, an NHL member club team official, a current or former NHL member club player, a Web Site forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any content that infringes any patent, trade-mark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property right of any party;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt a Web Site, the Services, the Content or servers or networks connected to a Web Site, the Services or the Content, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to a Web Site, the Services and/or the Content; or
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, provincial, national or international law.
- With respect to any messages, information, data, graphics, photographs, images, creative ideas, concepts, know-how, techniques, suggestions or improvements or other content that you transmit, submit, post or upload to a Web Site and/or in connection with any of the Services (each, a "Message"), you are, by transmitting or uploading such Message, granting CSE a perpetual, royalty-free, sub-licensable, non-exclusive, worldwide and irrevocable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, translate, prepare derivative works based upon, and distribute such Message for any purpose and in any form. This license is granted automatically and no payment of any kind will be due to you. At times, CSE may solicit Messages from users. Your provision of any such Messages in response to a solicitation by CSE shall be subject to a grant of a license to CSE as specified above.
- When any user posts any Message to a Web Site or any of the Services, CSE shall have the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any Message for any reason in CSE's sole discretion. It is CSE's policy to fully cooperate with law enforcement authorities and court orders which request or require CSE to disclose personal information or the postings of anyone posting Messages to a Web Site or any of the Services. Although CSE may monitor and/or review Messages from time to time, it is under no obligation to do so and CSE does not assume any liability or responsibility with respect to any Messages, including those that contain errors, defamatory content, pornography, profanity or inaccuracies.
- You acknowledge and agree that CSE may preserve Messages and may also disclose Messages if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the TOU; (c) respond to claims that any Message violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of CSE, its users and the public. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Services, including Messages, may involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
MODIFICATIONS TO WEB SITES, INCLUDING THE SERVICES
CSE ADVERTISERS AND VENDORS
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITES, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE WEB SITES, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" AND "AS-AVAILABLE" BASIS. THE ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- THE ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE WEB SITES, SERVICES OR THE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, (ii) THE WEB SITES, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEB SITES, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE, (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEB SITES, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND (V) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE OPERATING ON THE WEB SITES WILL BE CORRECTED.
- ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEB SITES OR THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE WEB SITES OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
LINKING TO A WEB SITE
CSE provides the Web Sites, the Services and the Content to you subject to the following TOU. The TOU may be updated by CSE from time to time without notice to you. We suggest that from time to time, you review the TOU for possible changes. In addition, when using or accessing any Services or any Content, you will be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such Services or Content. All such additional guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the TOU.
From time to time, specific Services or Content may require specific terms and conditions. You will be alerted to the fact that specific terms and conditions are imposed at the time you access those Services or that Content and those specific terms and conditions shall, with respect to those specific circumstances, be deemed, to the extent they conflict with the TOU, to supersede the terms and conditions of the TOU.
CSE currently provides users with various features and services, including fan forums, player and performer chats and other interactive and non-interactive features, all of which may be updated, deleted or otherwise modified from time to time at the discretion of CSE (collectively, the "Services"). In addition, CSE also provides access to certain footage (video and audio), photographs, text, images, statistics, logos and other media and intellectual property related to or otherwise associated with the National Hockey League, its member clubs and the sport of hockey or to the performances and other events produced in Rogers Arena (collectively, the "Content"). Unless stated otherwise, the Web Sites, Services and Content are subject to the TOU. You understand and agree that the Web Sites, Services and Content are provided "as-is" and that CSE assumes no responsibility in connection with your use of the Web Sites, the Services or the Content. The Web Sites, the Services and the Content are provided for your non-commercial entertainment and enjoyment. Under the TOU, you may download certain Services and Content available on a Web Site to a single personal computing device for your personal use and entertainment. You may not use any of the Services or Content for commercial purposes. Further, you may not distribute, modify, republish or publicly display any of the Services or Content unless you have the prior, written permission of CSE, which permission may be withheld in CSE's sole discretion.
In order to use the Web Sites or the Services or access the Content, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device.
In order to use certain elements of the Services, you will be required to register with CSE by providing certain information about yourself, including your name and e-mail address. In consideration of your use of the Services, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested in connection with the provision of and/or registration for any of the Services, subject, of course, to all applicable laws. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or CSE has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, CSE has the right to suspend, terminate or refuse any and all current or future use of the Services. In such case CSE may render your password ineffective.
You may receive a password upon completing the registration process for use of some of the Services. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password, and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password. CSE cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Section 7.
You agree that in connection with your use of the Web Sites, the Services and the Content you will not:
CSE may offer you the opportunity to vote in connection with various polls and possible event opportunities. By casting your vote, you are agreeing to abide by the TOU and any and all voting guidelines posted on the Web Sites.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CSE and its affiliates, the Canucks for Kids Fund, the National Hockey League and its member clubs, NHL Enterprises Canada L.P., NHL Enterprises L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., and each of their respective officers, directors, governors, owners, other officials, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, affiliates and other related entities, servants, agents, representatives, successors and assigns ("Entities") from and against any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees and disbursements, arising out of Messages you post to, submit or transmit through a Web Site or the Services, your use of the Web Sites, the Services or the Content, your connection to a Web Site or the Services, your violation of the TOU, or your violation of any rights of another.
CSE reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Web Sites, the Services or the Content, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that the Entities shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Web Sites, the Services or the Content.
You agree that CSE, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password or use of the Web Sites, the Services and/or the Content, and remove and discard any Message within the Services, for any reason, including, without limitation, for lack of use or if CSE believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of the TOU. CSE may also in its sole discretion and at any time discontinue providing the Web Sites, the Services or the Content, or any part thereof, with or without notice. You agree that any termination of your access to the Web Sites, the Services or the Content under any provision of the TOU may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that CSE may immediately deactivate or delete your password and all related information and/or files corresponding to your password and/or bar any further access to such files or the Services. Further, you agree that the Entities shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Web Sites, the Services or the Content.
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers and vendors found on or through the Services or the Web Sites, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser and/or vendor. You agree that the Entities shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers or vendors on a Web Site or in connection with the Services. All of your business dealings with vendors and advertisers appearing on the Web Sites or in connection with the Services, including the Canucks Team Store, shall be at your sole risk.
The Web Sites and/or Services may provide, or third parties may provide, links to other World Wide Web sites or resources. Because the Entities have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that the Entities are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that the Entities shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource.
You acknowledge and agree that (i) CSE, the Vancouver Canucks word mark and associated logo marks, Canucks For Kids Fund, Rogers Arena, Live @ Rogers Arena and associated logo marks, the NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, and NHL Conference logos are registered trade-marks of CSE and/or the National Hockey League; and (ii) all Rogers Arena, CSE and NHL logos and marks and NHL member club logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted on the Web Sites, the Services and the Content are the property of CSE and/or the NHL and the respective NHL member clubs or are licensed to CSE and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of CSE and NHL Enterprises, L.P. (or its designee). You acknowledge and agree that (i) any necessary software used in connection with the Web Sites, the Services and the Content (the "Software") contains proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws and are either owned by or licensed to CSE; (ii) any images of, or tradenames or trademarks associated with, any performing artist, player or team performing or playing in Rogers Arena ("Other Performers") which appears on the Web Sites is proprietary information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws; and (ii) content contained in sponsor advertisements or information presented to you through the Web Sites, the Services and the Content or advertisers is protected by copyrights, trade-marks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by the Entities, Other Performers or advertisers, you agree not to reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, copy, publicly display or otherwise use any Content or any derivative works based on the Web Sites, the Services, the Content or the Software, in whole or in part. You agree not to modify the Software in any manner or form, or to use modified versions of the Software, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Services. You agree not to access the Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by CSE for use in accessing the Services.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF THE ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: (i) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE A WEB SITE, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT; (ii) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM A WEB SITE, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT; (iii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (iv) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON A WEB SITE, THE SERVICES OR IN THE CONTENT; OR (v) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEB SITES, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF SECTIONS 17 AND 18 MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Notices to you may be made via either email (subject to compliance with applicable law) or regular mail. The Web Sites may also provide notices of changes to the TOU or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the Services.
No link to a Web Site may be "framed" to the extent such frame contains any sponsorship, advertising, or other commercial text or graphics. CSE reserves the right to require that a link to any Web Site be removed, all such links being subject to the approval of CSE.
The TOU constitute the entire agreement between you and CSE and governs your use of the Web Sites, the Services and access to the Content, superseding any prior agreements between you and CSE. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use affiliate services, third-party content or third-party software. The TOU and the relationship between you and CSE shall be governed by the laws of the Province of British Columbia without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You and CSE agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the Province of British Columbia. The failure of CSE or any of the other Entities to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the TOU shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the TOU is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the TOU remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Services or the TOU must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred. The section titles in the TOU are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.