Your privacy is important to us. At canucks.com we are committed to undertaking reasonable measures to protect the privacy, accuracy and reliability of your personal information and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please read the following description of our policies and practices regarding your personal information.
- We may request personal information from visitors such as name, home address, e-mail address, age, income, interests and gender for purposes such as newsletter, chat room, contest and auction registration, and for participation in other interactive online activities. We also may use this information to better understand your needs and preferences and to recommend particular products and services that may meet your needs. We do not request sensitive personal information, such as racial or ethnic origin or health or medical data. Unless you have opted out, from time to time we may share such information with other businesses, including our marketing partners and advertisers. We will only share such information with third parties whose policies regarding personal information are consistent with our privacy policies and where we have your express or implied consent to do so. If you object to our sharing of your personal information with other businesses or if you do not wish to receive marketing communication from us or our partners, you will have the opportunity to indicate your objection when entering such information or you may contact us at any time. Understand that you can withdraw your consent whenever you want, unless legal requirements prevent this. However, not allowing us to use this information about you may mean that we may not be able to provide you with certain products and services. Additionally, we do provide personal data to agents who perform services for us (such as fulfillment companies) but these agents are not permitted to use the data for any other purposes.
- Web servers serving our web site may automatically collect information about which pages you visit, as well as your IP address or domain name. We may use this information for our internal web site business purposes, for example, to tailor our web site content or to assess the amount of traffic to our web site. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers.
- We will give you access to the information we retain about you. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date. Upon your request, you shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your information. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. Simply send us an e-mail and we will look after your request. If you have any comments or questions about the information you have submitted on this web site, including its accuracy or integrity, you may send us an e-mail.
Please contact us if you have any questions or comments about our use of personal information.
This Web site contains links to third party sites. Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership or any of its affiliates is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such third party Web sites.
Information requested from children (users under 13 years old):
At canucks.com, we take our responsibilities to our younger visitors seriously. In addition to the steps we take to safeguard the privacy and integrity of personal information submitted by adults, we adhere to the following principles and practices regarding personal information of children under 13 years old.
- In general, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 via the Web site, and we use age screening mechanisms to help prevent children from posting data on the Web site, such as in our fan chat rooms (when available). We do not require children to register or to otherwise disclose personal information to participate in the activities in any youth-focused section of our Web site. Where children are asked to register, the kind of information they are required to provide will not intrude on their privacy rights.
- We may offer children the opportunity to enter promotions or contests via the canucks.com Web site. In this case, the child will be asked only to provide his or her first name and email address, as well as his or her parent's email address. We will use the information only to notify the contest winners, and will require that the winner's parent provide us with whatever information is needed to provide the prize.
- We may also post information on the Web site about other promotions or contests that are open to children but that require other personal information (such as home address or favourite hockey team) to enter. For these contests, children will be required to print a paper entry form from the Web site and have their parents sign and mail or fax the form to us. Children are not permitted to provide personal information via the Web site or to enter these contests online.
- If you have any comments or questions about the information you or your children have submitted on this web site click here to access an on-line process to access, review, verify, correct, amend, or remove such information. If you have any questions or comments about our use of your or your children's personal information or about our commitment to protecting your and your children's privacy, please contact us.
www.canucks.com is operated by Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and by Vancouver Arena Limited Partnership for the benefit of the Vancouver Canucks and Rogers Arena, their affiliates and sponsors.
We are determined to comply fully with the legal or regulatory supervisory authorities responsible for enforcing our adherence to the privacy principles stated above. We will investigate any complaint you may have regarding our use of personal information.None of NHL ICE, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., the National Hockey League and its other member clubs, nor any of their respective officers, directors, governors, owners, other officials, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, affiliates and other related entities, servants, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, have any control of, or responsibility or liability for, our use, disclosure, storage or transmission of any information collected through our websites.