The Information We Collect and How We Use It
We collect and maintain different types of personal information which, subject to applicable law, may include the following:
- information that helps us identify you and facilitates better communication such as your name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address and gender;
- credit and financial information you have provided to us, such as your income and credit/payment history; and
- other information, such as your birthdate, transaction history, purchase preferences and interests, occupation, marital and family status and other demographic information provided by you through market research, surveys, contests or other promotions, which enables us to improve our relationship with you or offer you goods and services which may be of interest or benefit to you.
We use this personal information for purposes related to our business, including the following:
- to provide you with services or information that you have requested from us. This would include e-mail newsletter services, fan club information, weekly contests, mail-order/consumer product catalogues, merchandise offers and event information;
- to assist in administering, or processing transactions made on accounts established with us, such as season ticketholder accounts, single game or event purchases;
- to evaluate, maintain, monitor and improve our customer relationship with you and provide you with offers, promotional materials and other marketing information about our goods and services, including, ticket, event and merchandise offers;
- to promote and market goods and services offered by the CSE Parties that we think may be of interest to you;
- to promote and market goods and services offered by selected organizations, such as our corporate partners and the NHL, which we think may be of interest to you;
- on the CSE Sites, we may use personal information to personalize the content or layout to enhance the experience of your visit;
- to conduct or have conducted market research to enable us to improve the goods and services we offer;
- to administer promotions and contests conducted by us for which you have registered to participate;
- to process customer/fan complaints/feedback; and
- to meet our legal obligations and to protect the business interests of the CSE Parties.
If we intend to use this personal information for purposes not previously identified, we will identify this new purpose before such use.
If you do not wish to receive further communications from us about the goods and services of the CSE Parties and/or our corporate partners or if you do not wish to receive other notifications, you may unsubscribe (where such communication takes the form of a commercial electronic message) or ask us not to contact you for these purposes.
Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your personal information is collected. Where we want to use your personal information for a purpose not previously identified to you at the time of collection, we will seek your consent prior to our use of such information for this new purpose.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect your personal information in a number of different ways. For example, we collect information from you when you register for one of our contests or promotions, sign up for one of our e-newsletters (such as, "E-News") or when you complete market research studies conducted by us from time to time. We also collect your information when you subscribe to become one of our season ticket members or suiteholders, or purchase goods or services from us. We may also collect your personal information when you request information from us to process a complaint that you have registered with us. We may acquire your name and address from list vendors to whom you have given your consent to send promotions or product information. We also have relationships with other companies, such as our corporate partners, advertisers and event promoters with whom we conduct joint marketing activities such as contests through which we may obtain your name and address and other information about you with your consent. Typically, the other parties involved are identified and information about their privacy practices is disclosed.
We will limit the amount and type of personal information collected from you to that which is necessary for the purposes it was collected. Further, we will retain your personal information for so long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected and/or only for so long as we have your consent to use it.
Collection on CSE Sites
Web servers serving the CSE Sites may automatically collect information about which pages you visit, as well as your IP address or domain name. We may use this information for our internal web site business purposes, for example, to tailor the CSE Sites content or to assess the amount of traffic to the CSE Sites. We may also provide this information on an aggregated, anonymous basis to our marketing partners and/or advertisers.
How We Disclose Personal Information
Except as set out below, we will not sell, rent, transfer, or disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent:
- 1. We may disclose certain personal information to third parties for the purpose of administering, processing, or fulfilling an order or service you have requested on our behalf, or process market research information collected, such as mailing houses, contest administration, etc. We will insist that any such third parties maintain the confidentiality of the personal information we provide them and implement appropriate safeguards to prevent its unauthorized disclosure;
- 2. Where you have given us your consent to do so, we may provide non-sensitive personal information (such as name, address and other contact information) to our corporate partners and advertisers so that they might send you offers and information relating to those products and services that may be of interest to you; and
We have adopted reasonable security measures, appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information, against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss or destruction of personal information. These measures may include technological, physical and organizational methods of security.
Access to Your Information
We will give you access to the information we retain about you. We will make every reasonable effort to keep your information accurate and up-to-date. Upon your request, you shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of your information. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate. Simply send us an e-mail at email@example.com and we will look after your request.
Information Requested from Children
We take our responsibilities to our younger patrons seriously. In addition to the steps we take to safeguard the privacy and integrity of personal information submitted by adults, we adhere to the following principles and practices regarding personal information of children under 13 years old.
In general, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 via the CSE Sites, and we use age screening mechanisms to help prevent children from posting data on the CSE Sites, such as in our fan chat rooms (when available). We do not require children to register or to otherwise disclose personal information to participate in the activities in any youth-focused section of the CSE Sites. Where children are asked to register, the kind of information they are required to provide will not intrude on their privacy rights.
We may offer children the opportunity to enter promotions or contests. In this case, the child will be asked only to provide his or her first name and email address, as well as his or her parent's email address. We will use the information only to notify the contest winners, and will require that the winner's parent provide us with whatever information is needed to provide the prize.
We may also post information on the CSE Sites about other promotions or contests that are open to children but that require other personal information (such as home address or favourite hockey team) to enter. For these contests, children will be required to print a paper entry form from the CSE Sites and have their parents sign and mail or fax the form to us. Children are not permitted to provide personal information via the CSE Sites or to enter these contests online.
If you have any comments or questions on policies related to children's data or about our commitment to protecting your and your children's privacy, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
None of NHL ICE, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., the National Hockey League and its other member clubs, nor any of their respective officers, directors, governors, owners, other officials, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, affiliates and other related entities, servants, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, have any control of, or responsibility or liability for, our use, disclosure, storage or transmission of any information collected by the CSE Parties.