Canucks Centre Mini Minor
As with previous seasons, the Canucks Centre for BC Hockey is offering MINI MINOR HOCKEY to initiation/novice, atom and pee wee minor hockey teams throughout the province.
Selected minor hockey teams will be given the opportunity to skate during the intermission of selected Vancouver Canucks home games.
This exciting opportunity is made possible through the Canucks Centre for BC Minor Hockey and its collaboration with BC Hockey and Charter Bus Lines of British Columbia. These organizations work in partnership to allow minor hockey players and coaches the chance to participate in events which support their growth and development.
Through numerous programs over the course of the season, the Canucks Centre for BC Hockey and BC Hockey work to promote fair play, integrity and sportsmanship with players and volunteers province wide.
To qualify, you must be:
- A team member of BC Hockey.
- Registered in your association’s Initiation/Novice, Atom or Peewee levels.
- Able to provide the hockey club with a game number if your team is selected to participate.
- Able to arrive one hour prior to the scheduled game time with all necessary equipment to play.
- Able to provide appropriate chaperones, with no more than four coaches and one referee
For the lucky teams, your evening at Rogers Arena includes:
- 22 complimentary tickets to watch that night’s game. A minimum of 12 tickets must be used for children participating on the ice (including two goalies), one referee and four coaches.
- An additional 34 tickets are available for sale for the evening.
- Transportaion to and from the arena courtesy of Charter Bus Lines of British Columbia
- Pre-game instruction from qualified grassroots hockey personnel.
- A team welcome on the video board as well as instant replays of your team’s greatest plays of the game.
- A visit from Fin, the Canucks Mascot.
- One souvenir video of your game provided to your coach for duplication for all team members.
- Five (5) teams will be randomly selected to play on the ice at Rogers Arena.
- Each team selected to participate will be expected to arrange its own transportation to Rogers Arena.
- All applications submitted become property of the Vancouver Canucks Hockey Club.
- Scheduled games subject to change.
- Approximate game time is three minutes.
- Teams will be randomly drawn to participate.
Only those teams selected will be contacted.