The award was announced shortly after Pavel Bure’s #10 was retired by the Vancouver Canucks in November 2013. The Vancouver Canucks, Canucks for Kids Fund and BC Hockey are happy to have chosen the first recipient of this annual award, which included a trophy and letter of congratulations from the Vancouver Canucks’ very own Pavel Bure.
The first lucky recipient of this award is Liam Scott from North Vancouver Minor Hockey.
Liam wears #14 and served as Captain for the North Vancouver Storm PeeWee A2 team this season. He demonstrates leadership, sportsmanship, teamwork and integrity within the minor hockey community and beyond.• 2 Penalty Minutes in 58 games
• Let his team in plus/minus
• Developed the “Lone Ranger Award” - for teammates to give to other teammates after every game
• Welcoming to call-up affiliate players
• Raised over $300 for Cancer Awareness – displayed Pink during October for Breast Cancer Awareness and Blue in November for prostate cancer awareness
• Involved in soccer and other extracurricular activities
• On Honor Roll at school
Liam was presented his award by Neil McNabb, Vice president of BC Hockey, and the Russian Rocket himself, Pavel Bure, on April 13, 2014 – the final game of the Vancouver Canucks’ 2013-14 season.