Comets rewind - Nov 4, 2013
The good news for the Utica Comets (0-6-1-1) is that they're showing the ability that they can compete with anyone as they have had four straight one-goal games. The bad news for the Comets is that they haven't found a way to win any of those tight games after dropping a pair to the Abbotsford Heat this past week.Weekly Results
Wednesday, October 30th: Abbotsford Heat 5 Utica Comets 4 (OT)
- The Comets appeared to be on track to pick up their first win of the season as they were ahead 3-1 after 20 minutes but the Heat clawed back to eventually took the lead less than four minutes into the third period before Patrick Mulllen tied the game with 2:12 remaining in regulation to send the game to overtime.
- Frank Corrado, Brendan DeFazio and Benn Ferriero also scored for the Comets.
- Joacim Eriksson made 35 saves in net for the Comets, including 14 in the second period.
- DeFazio led all Comets skaters with a plus-2 rating, while Nicklas Jensen and Colin Stuart both had a team-high four shots on goal.
- Kellan Lain dropped the mitts with Blair Jones for his third fighting major of the season.
Friday, November 1st: Abbotsford Heat 4 Utica Comets 3
- Henrik Tommernes, Zach Hamill and Benn Ferriero scored for the Comets, who were not able to hang on to their second period lead and eventually gave up the game-winner with less than five minutes to play in the third period.
- Joe Cannata made 30 saves in net for Comets, including 15 in the third period alone.
- Kellan Lain finished with a team-high five shots on goal for the Comets.
- Peter Andersson led the way with a plus-2 rating.
Comet of the Week
After a bit of a slow start, it appears Canucks prospect Frank Corrado has found his groove, both offensively and defensively. The 6-foot-1 defenseman picked up a goal and assist in two games this past week, which now gives him a three-game point streak and four points (2-2-4) in his last five games. The Woodbridge, Ontario product has shown the ability to get his shots on goal, whether it be his booming slap-shot or even just a low wrist shot, and has looked sharp playing the point on the power play alongside Henrik Tommernes.
- Tuesday, November 5th vs. Toronto Marlies (5-3-1-0)
- Thursday, November 7th @ Lake Erie Monsters (4-5-0-0)
- Friday, November 8th @ Lake Erie Monsters (4-5-0-0)
- Sunday, November 10th @ Hamilton Bulldogs (5-2-0-3)