Canucks introduce 'Sedin Corner'
Vancouver, B.C. – Henrik and Daniel Sedin, along with their families, are pleased to be launching ‘Sedin Corner’ for the 2013.14 season at Rogers Arena. Sedin Corner is a 14-person suite that will host charities and groups from British Columbia that support children’s health and education as well as family wellness.
Daniel and Henrik along with their families have been big supporters of the BC community since their arrival in Vancouver in 1999. Over the years, their support has benefited more than 50 charities, most notably the Canucks For Kids Fund, the Canucks Family Education Centre, Canuck Place Children’s Hospice, the YWCA and BC Children’s Hospital, where they made a $1.5 million donation in 2010.
“Our families feel very fortunate to live and work in Vancouver and we want to give something back that would benefit children and families across the province,” said Henrik Sedin. “We are happy to make Sedin Corner available to the incredible people and organizations across BC who are making a difference in the lives of children and families. It’s our way of thanking them for all that they do.”
“We hope that an evening at a Canucks game will be a way for us to convey our thanks to the dedicated people who spend their days doing great work in children’s health and education while supporting families throughout British Columbia,” said Daniel Sedin.
Guests in Sedin Corner receive game tickets, parking passes, in-suite food & beverage courtesy of Aramark Sports & Entertainment, an in-game welcome and Sedin Corner and Vancouver Canucks souvenirs.
- Charities and groups that fall within the mandate of the suite were encouraged to apply during the application period in September 2013
- More than 70 applications from around British Columbia were received
- Applications are currently being reviewed by the Sedin families and all applicants will learn of their status by mid-October
- Décor and design of the suite is reflective of a comfortable Swedish home: full of light with wood flooring, simple patterns and clean lines
- Sedin Corner is the first executive suite in Rogers Arena to have an extensive infographic artwork piece installed (measuring more than 20’ x 8’)
- Swedish meatballs are included in the food & beverage selection for all guests in Sedin Corner
- There has been a history of Vancouver Canucks captains offering the suite to deserving individuals, who otherwise might not have an opportunity to ever attend a Vancouver Canucks game:
- 1995-1998: Trevor Linden: Captain’s Crew & Linden’s Locker Room
- 2001-2008: Markus Naslund: Nazzy’s Suite
- 2008-2013: Roberto Luongo: Lui’s Crease Club
- 2013 – Present: Daniel and Henrik Sedin: Sedin Corner