Cherry Picking: Feb. 1, 2013
'Hawks/Canucks History, Top PP Units and Keith's Return
Time for a history lesson – don’t worry this one will keep you awake thanks to Sean Zanberg’s awesome work at Nucks Nation. He’s scrounged up a complete video history of the rivalry between the Canucks and ‘Hawks back to 1974. Read
With five goals, a couple fights and an appearance on Leno already under his belt this year it’s fair to say Zack Kassian has started the season on the right foot. Imagine, as Daniel Wagner has, what he will be like if he was to get Daniel and Henrik going as well. Read
The best deterrent to a dirty team is not to punish them physically, but to bury the biscuit on the power play. Justin Bourne’s put together the 10 deadliest. Read
Duncan Keith faces the Canucsk for the first time since concussing Daniel Sedin late last season. Ed Willes from the Province asked #22 about the reunion – “This is Game 8 of our season and our focus is winning games. Other things will take care of themselves” Read
Canucks GM jumped on the airwaves yesterday afternoon to talk the Canucks goaltending situation and Ryan Kesler's prognosis with Matt Sekeres and Blake Price. Check it out here. Read
- In the OHL, Brendan Gaunce starts February with a tough weekend. The Belleville Bulls play Sarnia Saturday night before a matinee heading to Oshawa on Sunday.
- Evan McEneny and Frank Corrado are in action tonight for the Kitchener Rangers against Owen Sound and Sunday vs. Erie.
- Jeremy Price has points in 9 of his last 12 and needs just one more goal to match his college season high of six. He’s got a good chance of matching it this weekend with two games.
- Check out Joseph LaBate on Fox Sports College as his Wisconsin Badgers take on North Dakota on Saturday and Sunday.
- Henrik Tommernes and Frolunda try and revenge the 6-1 drubbing they were handed by MODO when they rematch on Saturday.
- And it's a light workload for the Wolves with just a single game against Peoria, who trail Chicago by just two points, over the weekend.