NHL Players Featured in Playful "Just Like You and Me" Promos
In the "NHL Road Trip" ad, NHL players revert back to their mischievous youth travel hockey days:
· Ovechkin orders enough room service for an entire team and has it delivered to Crosby's room
· Shanahan and Montreal Canadiens defenseman Sheldon Souray throw water balloons off their hotel balcony
· San Jose Sharks forward Joe Thornton raids a maid's cart of complimentary chocolates
· Goaltenders Roberto Luongo of the Vancouver Canucks and Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres pester a sleeping Marty Turco of the Dallas Stars
· Brothers Eric Staal of the Carolina Hurricanes and Jordan Staal of the Pittsburgh Penguins have a pillow fight
· Calgary Flames defenseman Dion Phaneuf, Chicago Blackhawks forward Martin Havlat, Ottawa Senators forward Patrick Eaves and Boston Bruins forward Phil Kessel race luggage carts on a hotel floor
An extended version developed for the internet includes scenes with forwards Justin Williams of the Carolina Hurricanes, Martin St. Louis of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Dany Heatley of the Ottawa Senators and Brian Rolston of the Minnesota Wild playing floor hockey in a hotel room. The players filmed the ad, which was written, produced and directed by NHL Productions, during the NHL All-Star Celebration in Dallas.
In the "Swedish Twins" spot, Canucks forwards Daniel and Henrik Sedin surprise bachelor partygoers who were expecting another pair of Swedish twins for live entertainment. An extended version of the spot also was developed for the internet. "Thank You For Smoking" director Jason Reitman produced "Swedish Twins." NHL Productions wrote and directed the spot.
The two spots are part of an ongoing TV advertising campaign entitled "Just Like You And Me." Other spots have featured Ovechkin and Capitals team owner Ted Leonsis, Thornton and Lightning forwards Vincent Lecavalier and Brad Richards.
The TV ads will be available for viewing on NHL.com.
For free broadcast-quality video of the promos for media, log on to www.thenewsmarket.com/nhl to preview and request video. You can receive broadcast-standard video digitally or by tape from this site. Registration and video is free to the media. For photos from of the promos, visit www.image.net. Media will not be charged an editorial usage fee for images available on Image.net.