Back To Business
Click here for the Audio Clips
The Olympic Games have made both a positive and negative impact on the Vancouver Canucks. For some it was an opportunity to represent their county, for others it was a chance to rest up for the final stretch of NHL and for a few it took a bit of a physical toll.
Mattias Ohlund and Sami Salo have been dealt a few bumps and bruises, and as a result Sven Butnenschon and Thomas Mojzis were called up from the Manitoba Moose to fill in. On a more positive note, Nolan Baumgartner skated this morning and will likely play in Tuesday's game vs. Calgary.
The Olympians didn't attend practice this morning, and will meet the team in Calgary for Tuesday night's game. The Vancouver Canucks would like to thank it's players for participating in the Games and congratulate Mattias Ohlund and the Twins for contributing to team Sweden and winning the gold.
Please be aware, these clips may be long and may take a minute to load!
1. Baumgartner felt good at practice today, and will likely play in Calgary on Tuesday.
2. Auld is looking forward to kicking off their first game back with a good rivalry.
3. Butenschon talks about his injury and stepping up to help up the back end.
4. Morrison talks about the positives and negatives of NHL players participating in the Olympics.
4. McCarthy is looking forward to the team playing as a whole again.