Training Camp - Day Five
Click here for the Audio Clips
It was a very up-tempo practice today at Meadow Park. There were a number of changes to the roster for the day, including adding a number of the younger guys to the top group. Lee Goren, Jannik Hansen and Alex Burrows joined them up front, while Nolan Baumgartner and Brett Skinner joined the big boys on the blueline. Julien Ellis and Wade Flaherty had net duty along with Dan Cloutier. Alex Auld received his new pads and went over some of the design points with the rep from the company. He will get a good chance to use them as all pre-season games will now end with a shoot-out, regardless of the final score.
|I know you have all been dying to know what happened in the Twins v. Media Relations golf match so here is the final outcome. Daniel and Henrik Sedin outlasted the Media Relations team of Chris Brumwell and TC Carling in the second leg of their match. The twins closed out the duo on the 17th hole after TC got into some trouble off the tee. Despite that TC shot 76-79 over the two days and still lost. I think he may be inclined to recalculate the number of strokes he is giving the Swedes in coming years.|
|As much as the on ice stuff is important in learning the systems of the new NHL, the guys are finding just as much value in what they do away from the rink. From golfing to fishing and riding ATV's the guys are getting together and doing things that brings them together.|
Please be aware, these clips are long and may take a minute to load!
1. Brendan Morrison talks about going fishing and zip trekking while in Whistler.
2. Sami Salo and Mattias Ohlund team up to take on Dan Murphy and Bryan Allen in golf on Wednesday.
3. Todd Bertuzzi talks about how important it is for the team to bond away from the rink.
4. Markus Naslund thinks that getting out and doing things other than hockey is great for the guys in terms of team building.
5. The Twins complete the sweep of TC Carling and Chris Brumwell and now have bragging rights over them for the rest of the season.