Morrison Signs His Contract
Canucks Sign Morrison
Click for Audio Clips
Vancouver Canucks Senior Vice-President and General Manager Dave Nonis announced today that the Canucks have re-signed Brendan Morrison to a new three-year deal through the 2007-08 season. In keeping with club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Brendan Morrison, Trevor Linden and Dan Cloutier were all out at Burnaby 8-Rinks practicing when the media caught up with them. Fortunately for you, we were there at the practice and when Mo actually signed his new deal.
1. Brendan Morrison is very happy about his new deal and being a Vancouver Canuck.
2. Brendan doesn't really think there was any place else for him to be other than Vancouver.
3. Did Mo ever think about signing for just one year and being unrestricted after that?
4. Morrison feels badly for Todd Bertuzzi and the situation that is still unresolved.
1. Dave Nonis comments on the signing of Brendan Morrison.
2. Dave doesn't elaborate too much on the terms of the deal other than it is for three years.
3. Nonis doesn't think he owed it to the top guys to keep them together, but feels it is in the club's best interests.
4. Dave Nonis talks about the Todd Bertuzzi situation with the NHL.
5. Nonis has made more offers to our own group II restricted free agents and hopes they will all start falling into place.
6. Dave elaborates on the whole situation with the Canucks defence situation.
1. Trevor Linden is happy for Brendan.
2. Trevor thinks you will see more of guys wanting to play in cities that mean more to them rather than the offering the biggest money.
3. With the NHL focussing on the IIHF Transfer issue Linden speaks about the Todd decision that might not come until next week.
4. Trevor says he is a little surprised by the lengths of some of the deals coming out.
1. Dan Cloutier knows now that the Naslund and Morrison deals are done his deal should be coming soon.
2. Dan Cloutier says he and his agent have talked about both a one year deal and a multi-year deal.