Canucks Team Awards Announced
Roberto Luongo wins second consecutive Canucks MVP Award
Alex Burrows is the recipient of two year end awards, the Most Exciting Player award as voted by fans and the Fred J. Hume Award for being the Canucks “Unsung Hero” as chosen by the Canucks Booster Club, representing the first time he has won either award. In his third season with the Canucks, Burrows set career highs in goals (12), assists (19) and points (31) and led the team in plus/minus (12) through April 4, 2008. In addition, Burrows finished first in short-handed goals (3) and points (4) and finished tied for second in game-winning goals (3).
Willie Mitchell is the recipient of the Walter (Babe) Pratt Trophy (voted by the fans) for being the Most Outstanding Defenceman for the first time in his career. In his second season with the Canucks, Mitchell leads all Canucks in blocked shots (108) and TOI (1,646:20). Mitchell also played his 400th career NHL game, Nov. 9/07 versus the Colorado Avalanche.
Summary of 2007-08 Vancouver Canucks Awards:
• Cyclone Taylor - "Most Valuable Player": Roberto Luongo
• Walter (Babe) Pratt - "Best Defenceman": Willie Mitchell
• Most Exciting Player: Alex Burrows
• Fred J. Hume - "Unsung Hero ": Alex Burrows
• Molson Cup Trophy: Roberto Luongo
• Cyrus McLean - "Leading Scorer ": Henrik Sedin