The Vancouver Canucks (11-5-4) will look to pick up their second win in less than 24 hours when they head to the Scotiabank Saddledome for a Northwest Division battle against the Calgary Flames (7-8-4).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Canucks snapped a two-game losing streak yesterday with their 5-2 win over the Kings on home ice. They'll try to string together back-to-back wins for the first time in just over a week tonight.
- The Flames are coming off a winless two-game road trip that saw them blow third period leads in losses to both the Wild and Avalanche, respectively. They are beginning a short two-game home stand tonight and are looking to extend their home win streak to three games.
- Tonight marks the third of five meetings between the Canucks and Flames this season. Vancouver is off to a 2-0-0 start in the season series. In their most recent meeting on February 9, Canucks F Jordan Schroeder scored twice and G Cory Schneider made 33 saves on 34 shots to lift Vancouver to a 5-1 win.
- This is the first of two visits the Canucks will make to the Scotiabank Saddledome this season. Vancouver is winless in their last two trips to Calgary (0-1-1).
- Canucks F Daniel Sedin leads all players in the season series with three points (0-3-3). No Flames players have more than a single point in the season series.
- This is the Canucks' first game against a divisional opponent since February 12 against Minnesota. Vancouver is 6-0-1 against Northwest Division teams while the Flames are only 2-3-3 against divisional foes.
- There's a good chance Canucks G Roberto Luongo will get back between the pipes for the first time since his forgettable outing in Detroit a week ago. Should he start, it would be his first appearance in this year's season series against the Flames. Luongo has a 23-11-4 career record versus Calgary with a 2.49 GAA and .919 save percentage along with one shutout.
- Flames G Joey MacDonald, who was claimed off waivers from Detroit on February 11, will likely get the start tonight. He will be the third different netminder to start a game against the Canucks in the season series.
- Flames F Alex Tanguay (2-3-5) and D Jay Bouwmeester (1-3-4) each bring a team-leading four-game point streak into tonight's game. F Mike Cammalleri has a three-game point streak (2-1-3).
- Several Canucks bumped lengthy personal slumps in yesterday's win. D Dan Hamhuis snapped an 18-game goal drought, F Mason Raymond snapped a five-game goal and point drought while F Jannik Hansen snapped a six-game goal and point drought.
- Flames F Brian McGrattan is set to make his re-debut with the Flames tonight. He was re-acquired by Calgary in a trade with Nashville on Friday. He previously appeared in 34 games with the Flames in the 2009.10 season. He has only played in two games this season with the Predators.
- The Canucks have a record of 2-0-2 this season when playing on zero days rest.
|Back to top ↑|