The Vancouver Canucks (8-2-2), seeking their seventh straight victory, could welcome Ryan Kesler back tonight when they host Jaromir Jagr and the Dallas Stars (7-6-1) at Rogers Arena for the first and only time this season.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Canucks F Ryan Kesler is likely to make his season-debut tonight after missing the first 12 games of the year recovering from off-season shoulder and wrist surgery. He'll take the spot of F Andrew Ebbett in the lineup.
- The Canucks will play the third game of their four-game home stand tonight. With a victory tonight, they would stretch their win streak to seven games which would match their longest such streak from last season. They are also looking to extend their home ice win streak to five games.
- Dallas is concluding a three-game Western Canada road trip tonight that began with stops in Edmonton and Calgary.
- The Stars saw their four-game win streak snapped on Wednesday in a 7-4 loss in Calgary. Dallas has not lost consecutive games since going winless in four straight games (0-3-1) from January 24 to 29.
- Prior to Wednesday, the last time the Stars surrendered seven-or-more goals in a single outing was against the Canucks way back on January 24, 2011 in a 7-1 loss at Rogers Arena. Stars G Kari Lehtonen was on the hook for all seven goals that night.
- Speaking of Lehtonen, he's expected to get back between the pipes tonight after sitting out on Wednesday in Calgary. A win tonight would give him his sixth personal win in a row which would be his longest win streak since he won seven in a row to start off last season.
- The Canucks and Stars split their 2011.12 season series with each team earning two wins, including one each at Rogers Arena. Vancouver won the final two games in the season series after starting off 0-1-1.
- Canucks G Cory Schneider, who will get the call between the pipes tonight, was responsible for both of his team's wins over Dallas last season. In fact, Schneider has won four in a row against the Stars since losing his first career game against them.
- Canucks F Chris Higgins (2-3-5) and F Henrik Sedin (0-5-5), along with now-ex Stars F Mike Ribeiro (3-2-5) each had five points in the season series last year to lead the way for their respective teams.
- Tonight will be former Canucks D Aaron Rome’s first game against his old team since he signed with Dallas in the off-season.
- Stars F Jamie Benn brings a team-high five-game point streak (4-4-8) into tonight's contest.
- Vancouver will not have the services of F Manny Malhotra tonight or for the remainder of the season. He was placed on IR yesterday.
- The Canucks have a perfect 4-0 record this season in games following two days rest.
|Back to top ↑|