- Tied for fifth among rookies in BCHL scoring with 63 points (27-36--63) in 46 games during the 2007-08 regular season. He led his team with three shorthanded goals and finished third overall in points.
- Helped lead the Penticton Vees to BCHL Championship, posting 17 points (8-9--17) in 15 playoff games -- his 17 points placed him third on the Penticton Vees.
- Scored a hat trick helping lead Canada West to a gold medal at the 2007 World Junior ‘A’ Challenge.
- Has committed to Ohio State University for the fall of 2008.
- Heading into the 2006-07 season, was playing Junior B for the Stratford Cullitons (Ontario) and listed at 5’8” and 120 pounds.
- Joined Stratford partway through the 2005-06 season and was named the Culliton’s regular season MVP after posting 26 goals and 66 points.
- His most memorable hockey moment was becoming the first team in 24 years to win consecutive Ontario Championships with the Paris Wolfpack in 2002-03 and 2003-04.
- Patterns his game after his favorite player Joe Sakic – “he is the hardest worker on the ice at all times and he has great vision”.
- Part of his pre-game routine includes playing a couple games of pool by himself because it calms him down.
- Credits his family for having the most influence on his career – “My mom, dad, and two brothers have backed me and supported me throughout my career.”
- The best advice he has ever received is “never stop believing the unbelievable” from his mom.
- His most embarrassing hockey moment was skating out to his first Junior B hockey game as a 16-year-old with his skate guards on.
- If he could be in any one movie he would choose Mystery Alaska or Young Blood and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would be living the game through the T.V. or coaching.
NHL Team: Vancouver Canucks
NHL Player: Colorado’s Joe Sakic
Shootout move: “The Sam Gagner”
Goal celebration: “Daniel Briere fist pump”
Practice Drill: 3 on 2’s
Video Game: Table Tennis
Movie: Mystery Alaska
TV Show: Entourage
Actor/Actress: Denzel Washington and Jessica Alba
Country Singers: Kenny Chesney and Brad Paisley
Book: Gretzky Autobiography
Pump-up song: “Al Pacino’s speech from Any Given Sunday”
Food to cook: Apple crisp
Sport (other than hockey): Baseball
Activity away from the rink: Working out and shooting pool
Toy growing up: Mini sticks
Place to shop: Campus Crew and Abercrombie
Place to visit: Barcelona, Spain